Sunday, January 14, 2007

Good Friday...good ma..

I do not like to brag about myself. I am not a good samaritan, nor am I a noble person.

I took advantage of dad's previledges to take a 20% discount in buying books. (as in, 20% of the original price of the books can be claimed from the government.)

That day I was buying MLE textbook. Together with me were my ME friends.

Suddenly I remembered what James said about their financial situation that day on the car while we were in KL, back from John's house.

I volunteered to help alleviate their financial concerns by placing all the books in one bill so that all of us could get the 20% discount.

The exchange rate isn't doing any of us any favours.

This wasn't me in the past. I wasn't so helpful in the past. I wouldn't have thought of helping people like that. I wouldn't be that aware.

I am aware of the fact that I am in a previledged position to be able to help others. The gift of giving is the best. To be able to give is in itself a great blessing.

Moral of this incident is to help people in need while we can.

That made my day. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, great job, keep it up :). You can claim if u buy from singapore also?