Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sprained ankle

7:51PM 10/5/2008
By the time I am this update is published, I already swam for 2 consecutive days. The funny thing is, the ankle feels a slight niggling pain when I am swimming like a frog ( I mean frogstyle ), which is supposed to be the least strenous stroke. The niggling pain ( pain is actually too much of a description ) is felt when I kick outwards. However, when I am doing breaststroke, there is no pain at all. Also played a bit of futsal just now, wasnt any pain at all when I was running. I guess my ankle is resurrected! (at least 95% lah) =)

________________________________________________________________________


A very good pic of how the human ankle looks like.



Upon pressing my ankle on the front and the sides, I felt pain when I pressed my ankle on the front part, and almost none in other parts. Swelling is kinda subsiding now. According to my best and logical estimation/diagnosis (professional term), my anterior inferior tibiofibular ligament is damaged.

Just my luck to have a sprained ankle exactly a week before my first finals paper.

But touching the swollen part is kinda fun though, its like a swollen water bag but made of human skin. I might just make it one of my hobbies to ease my boredom as I am stuck in my room with immobility issues (and mugging hard for exams). The texture is one of a kind. :P

UPDATES:

9:46PM 20/4/2008
-able to walk more properly, as proven when I walked/trudged my way to the shower cubicles.
-more prone to let more weight rest on my right leg. Upon doing that, not much pain at all. That means, slowly but surely, the body is overcoming the psychological barrier of WeightOnRightFootophobiatitis.
-having secondary thoughts of seeing the doctor......
more updates to come.

1:14AM 21/4/2008
-upon chatting with a friend, I discovered that it takes about a week for a sprain to heal.
-joked with a friend that my right feet looks like a German pork trotter.
-I can still joke about it, not bad.
-The "trotter" is holding up well after walking to the fountain and back to my room, a total of 2 flight of stairs and walking distance of about 300?m. It's doing fine. I think.

No comments: