Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Thinking back...

Just a semester ago, I was floundering under intense stress. Evrry thing I learn couldnt seem to go into my head fast enough. In fact I felt that NUS is a hell for me, and yes, I did thought of quitting it as another offer to go Nottingham was also in the list. In the end, I stuck in NUS. Why one might suppose? I am sure there are some brights spots amidst all the darkness, a silver lining in every dark cloud. Maybe the training here makes me a tougher person. Maybe this new environment teaches me new things. Maybe I could make the best out of everything.

Fast forward a semester to now, I think I have pretty much acclimatised to the Singaporean environment where everyday is a race for time and fighting against the waves of chim knowledge thrown at me is all in everyday's work. It is tough although I have become used to it. I try to look at everything in a positive light.

Would I still be admire my frens when I see them in Australian Universities? Fui Jiun in ANU. Or even Vita in in Sunderland,UK or Tak in Germany? Cannot be denied that their environment is better, they are exposed to 'cooler' stuff and are going to have more fun exploring the places there than me. I would think not. I am still thankful for this oppurtunity for me to study in a uni which is ranked inside the Top 20 in the world. Top 20 man. How syiok is that. In the whole world le.

I shall continue to be thankful, and count my blessings. And that shall continue to set me free from the troubles of everyday pressure and circumstances.

1 comment:

Cheng Eng Aun said...

Perhaps it's similar to the situation where people said after F6 life is going to be a breeze... For those who are in NUS, just shift the level up - substitute "NUS" with "F6"...

Ah, what am I crapping about...